Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Roomful of Details

Thinking back to the bedroom I grew up in as a child, I notice many details that bring back stories and memories.  One detail that catches my attention the most is my stuffed teddy bear.  This pink teddy bear makes me think of the day I was born.  It was given to me by my parents when I came into the world.  I slept with it every night since receiving the bear; however, I do not sleep with it anymore.  It is now in a drawer in my closet.  This stuffed animal has light pink fur that reminds me of the color salmon.  It feels very soft and it has dark-colored eyes.  The bear also has a wind-up tool on its back that plays music when twisted.  When sleeping with this bear, I felt safe and protected lying right beside it.  This object will always leave a memory in my heart, even if I am not sleeping next to it anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment