Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mercury Reader-Me Talk Pretty One Day-Response

The teacher in this reading was very sarcastic and harsh to the students. I believe the teacher wanted the students to learn the language and keep up with the work in her class. She just wanted her students to do their best and make sure they learned the language in the country as soon as possible. The sooner the students learned the language of the country, the faster they would be able to communicate with others in the country. The students, however, took this as an insult and didn’t care for the teacher. I believe the instructor’s way of teaching these students caused them to work harder. They knew this was the only way to get by in this class; therefore, they began to fulfill the teacher’s expectations and work harder to learn the language. If I was put in this situation, I do not think I could go to college in a different country unless I knew someone from back home that was going with me. That person would also need to speak the same language as me so I could have someone to talk to in our native language. I believe, however, that if one person goes to another country by themselves they will be forced to learn the language even faster so they can communicate effectively with instructors, students, and other people in the country. If I were going to school in another country, I do believe I could learn the language. This would be the only way to talk to everyone, especially if everyone spoke that language. Some students would think the teacher is rude, but everyone has different views on how people should act. The teacher may have been raised different from the students. This could be her way of getting the students to work hard and learn the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment