Thursday, February 2, 2012

Journal Exercise #2 pg 294 (8)

I want to learn about all of these topics and I cannot wait to later on in this class.  As this class progresses, I seem to like the topics we cover.  I think the topics we have already covered are interesting and I want to learn more about this class and all it has to offer.  Communication is a key skill I need to have when applying for the program I want to graduate from here at USI.  I believe everyone should take this class to learn about relationships and interpersonal communication.  Your future employer is going to look for many of the skills that are learned in this class.  If you have the chance to take it, go for it.  You never know what could come out of this class or how it will help in your future.  I am glad I am enrolled in the class right now so I can’t learn about all of these topics.
 
The topics that I could investigate more include--
                Broadly held social views
                The Attachment styles
                Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
                The Self
                The Process of Human Perception
                Prototypes, personal constructs, stereotypes
                Interpretations
                Perceptions
                Speech Communities
                Improving Verbal Communication
                Types of Nonverbal Communication
                The Listening Process
                Forms of Nonlistening
                Understanding Emotions
                Features of Satisfying Relationships
                Managing Conflict in Relationships
                Principles of Conflict
                The Nature of Friendship
                The Development of Friendship
                Pressures on Friendships
                Styles of Loving
                The Development of Romantic Relationships
                Cultural Diversity of Family Forms
                Relationship Types
                The family Life Cycle
                Diversity in Family Life
                Why we communicate

No comments:

Post a Comment