Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Steak 'n Shake (14)


This picture was taken in the summer of 2011 at the east side Evansville Steak ‘n Shake.  My cousin Taylor and I decided to go Evansville to go shopping.  On the way to Evansville, though, my tire had lost its tread in the middle of the interstate.  A huge chunk of tire went flying back while we were in the middle of passing a pick-up truck.  We had left in the morning and it was now almost the afternoon.  By the time the wrecker arrived to fix my tire, we were starving.  After getting my tire temporarily fixed, we drove it to the nearest Wal-Mart in Evansville to the tire shop.  They put a whole new tire on, but we had to wait about an hour and a half.  In the meantime, we decided to walk around in Wal-Mart and get some lunch.  When my car was done, we went shopping.  After shopping for about four hours, we wanted to eat supper somewhere, but couldn’t decide on where to eat.  We passed this restaurant and figured we should try it.  We had heard good things about it and were soon walking in the door to the diner.  If I had been here before it was when I was much younger because I did not remember ever eating here.  We live about an hour and a half away from Evansville and we do not have a Steak ‘n Shake anywhere near us.  This is the closest one to us.  After walking in, we noticed how much different it was than most restaurants that we have where we live.  The way everything was set up and the diner look of the walls and booths was very interesting to see for the first time.  It was a change of pace for once.  All restaurants started to look the same to me because we don’t have very many where we live.  The places we do have were getting boring.  After looking at the menu, we had finally decided what we wanted to eat.  My cousin ordered the chicken strips and French fries.  I, on the other hand, ordered a single Steak burger with a pickle on it and French fries.  After filling our stomachs with the delicious food, we decided to try a dessert.  My cousin got the Oreo specialty shake and I ordered the Reese’s specialty shake.  Since we could not finish them because they were huge, we took them to go.  When we got our checks, we were pleasantly surprised.  We didn’t expect our bills to be so cheap.  This is another reason why we will come back to Steak ‘n Shake more often.  The food is great, especially the desserts, and it is fairly cheap.  I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves restaurants and food like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment