Thursday, February 2, 2012

Journal Exercise #1 pg 294 (7)

My top five authority topics are softball, Radiology, the Cardinal’s baseball team, Colorado Royal Gorge, and Rural King.  I have been playing softball since I was six years old.  I am studying at USI right now to become a Radiologic Technologist.  My family and I went to Colorado in 2001 for a family vacation.  My family and I saw the St. Louis Cardinals play every year until Scott Rolen was traded.

               
Key questions I can answer about softball:

How many players of the same team are on the field at once?

A batter is out after how many strikes?

What is the name of the softball area that the game is played on?

After how many balls does a batter walk to first base?

What/where is the strike zone?


Key questions I can answer about Radiology:

When was the x-ray first discovered and by who?

The use of the MRI was first used in the US in what year?

How do radiologists prevent unnecessary radiation exposure?

What skills are required for a successful career as a Radiologic Technologist?


 Key questions I can answer about Colorado’s Royal Gorge:

When was the Gorge first created?

What river runs beneath the Royal Gorge Bridge?

How many feet wide is the canyon at the bottom?

The Royal Gorge Bridge is how high above the river?

What type of bridge is this?

How long and wide is the bridge?

How many planks make up the bridge?

What city is the Royal Gorge Bridge in?


 Key questions I can answer about the St. Louis Cardinal’s baseball team:

What year were the Cardinals founded as an American Association Team and what was the name of the team?

How many former Cardinal players and managers are in the National Baseball Hall of Fame Museum in Cooperstown, New York?

How many World Series championships have the Cardinals won?

What year was the team name finally changed to the “Cardinals”?


No comments:

Post a Comment