Monday, February 13, 2012

Roommates (12)



This is a picture of my newest roommate Krista and me.  When I first came to USI in the fall of 2011 as a freshman, I moved into a freshman-only apartment.  Since my high school teachers encouraged us to get random roommates instead of rooming with friends, I decided to go random with all my roommates the first year.  This was a bad mistake on my part.  I ended up talking to Krista (my roommate right now) that I went to high school with.  She said her roommate never moved in at the beginning of the year because she had gotten pregnant.  Krista was worried of who would eventually move in there.  We started talking and I told her I hated where I lived.  I did not like my roommates and two of them always left me alone with the fourth roommate.  I could not live where I lived anymore and my dad called the housing lady and talked to her.  I then had to go down and talk to her and tell her what was going on.  She then gave me a key to my new apartment and that night I moved out of my old apartment and into the new one.  My new roommates came and helped me move everything within a half an hour.  I was then, and still am, living with Krista and her other suitemates.  This picture was taken during the fall when our other roommates talked us into watching Jersey Shore.  They watched it every week and wanted us to watch it too.  We all decided to dress in black yoga pants.  Our Resident Assistant (RA) decided to have a Jersey Shore party in the C-store since they watched it every week.  We all went to the C-store together and watched the episode with our RA and other building members.  Our resident assistant bought pizza and soft drinks for us during the show.  This was a great time to bond as roommates and to meet other residents in our apartment building.  Krista and I get along very well since I moved in.  It is a relief to finally live with someone who feels the same way as you do.  We grew up about 5 minutes from each other and went to the same school.  We did not really hang out together much during grade school or high school, but being roommates now has definitely brought us closer.  We know more about each other and understand each other well.   Since we were brought up in the same lifestyle we feel like we connect.  We know right from wrong and it is so good to know I live with someone who cares and knows what’s going on.  Since then, one of our roommates moved out and back home.  That left only one and we don’t get along with her that well.  Since then, we got a new roommate, but she moved out at the beginning of the spring semester.  Now that it’s just us 3, we seem to be getting along better.  I hope the rest of this semester goes smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment