Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pumpkin Patch (4)


              This is a picture of my younger cousin Taylor and me. It was taken in October of 2011. On a sunny Saturday, we went to visit Lark Ranch in Loogootee, Indiana. This place is huge! It has a 15 acre corn maze, hay ride, barnyard animals, pony rides, mining of gems site, and a pumpkin patch. The pony rides and extra seating/food were new this year. When we arrived, it was packed with little kids, parents, and teenagers since it is only open for the month of October. The admission cost was 6 dollars which included a hay ride to the pumpkin patch and entrance to the corn maze. Once we paid, we took in the site of everything. To our right was the corn maze and we decided to go through it first. It was in the shape of the Colt’s football team name and a picture from overhead. We were given a map of the maze so we walked cautiously through it. We soon decided it would be way too hard to go through it all and found our way back out. Since it was extremely sunny outside, I took off my glasses and hung them on the front of my sweatshirt and put on my sunglasses instead. We then walked around some more and took a few pictures. Starving, we went into the newly established food place and got something to eat. After filling our stomachs, we decided to walk to the pumpkin patch instead of taking the hay ride. We were set on finding the perfect pumpkin to purchase and take home. My cousin found hers after walking for about 10 minutes. I, on the other hand, could not find one! I bent down many times to turn pumpkins over to see if I liked them, but something ended up being wrong with every single one of them. After finally finding one, we waited for the hay ridge to come back so we could ride it back. While waiting, we took this picture with our pumpkins. Since the ride filled up quickly, we weren’t able to go on it; therefore, we walked all the way back to the barn where we had to purchase the pumpkins. After buying them, we had to leave to make it on time to see a movie that was playing at a theater about 45 minutes away. Since the sun had gone away, I decided to take my sunglasses off and put my glasses back on. When I reached for them on my sweatshirt, they were gone. Do you see the glasses on the front of my sweatshirt by my neck in this picture? I apparently still had them when we finished picking our pumpkin. So unfortunately, I lost them somewhere at Lark Ranch. I immediately panicked and didn’t know what to do. I had to drive home later in the dark and I wouldn’t be able to see well enough to get home. I called Lark Ranch while we were driving away and told them to be on the look-out for a pair of eye glasses that I lost. They didn’t find them so I had to buy a whole new pair of glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment